Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oprah gets her "OWN" Channel


Well, Ms. Oprah has done it again you guys! The billionaire media mogul announced the creation of her cable network with Discovery. Oprah's channel is called "OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network" and will be owned jointly by Winfrey's Harpo Productions and Discovery and committed to inspiring viewers to "live their best lives," the two companies said.

"OWN" debuts in 2009 in over 70 million American homes. Unlike Winfrey's other media venture Oxygen Channel, she will have full editorial control over OWN's programming and branding and serve as OWN's chairman. Harpo will produce shows for the network and other outlets as well.

"Fifteen years ago, I wrote in my journal that one day I would create a television network, as I always felt my show was just the beginning of what the future could hold," Winfrey said.

Wow, that's what I'm talking about... you know, people like to brag about what organizations they belong to and what titles they have, don't get me wrong- that's nice and all, it's something to be proud of... but, having a network with your name on it and ownership, now that's IMPRESSIVE!

No comments:

Google